04 May Your Cross Keys Update: May 2020
We hope that you remain safe and well through these unprecedented times.
Following the continued development of the COVID-19 Coronavirus situation, and due to government restrictions, Cross Keys Shopping Centre retailers premises remain closed until further notice, apart from Well Natural on Queen Street – open for your health food and nutritional goods, adhering to strict social distancing guidelines. Revised opening hours are Monday-Saturday 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-4pm. If you cannot leave your home, products are available for delivery at a small cost. Please call 01722 335965 for more information or to place your order.
Cross Keys Retailers Open Online
- TK Maxx – it was announced on Friday 1st May that TKMaxx.com is once again open for new online orders.
- Ryman – for all your stationery essentials visit ryman.co.uk
- Warhammer – all products are available at games-workshop.com. Standard shipping is FREE on all orders over £20 and they will endeavour to ship your order as soon as possible.
- Vinyl Collectors and Sellers online store. Delivering globally and using Royal Mail for deliveries so you can check your tracking details https://vinylcollectorsandsellers.wordpress.com/buy-online/
- Cool! Products available online at cool-merch.com
- Gallery 21 currently operating online and by phone. Email Trevor on email@example.com or call 07787 549 455. Browse the Gallery online at gallery21.co.uk
- Scent & Colour scentandcolour.com/
Get Ready for VE Day – Friday 8 May
The Royal British Legion calls on the nation to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day, celebrating from home. Even though we can’t get together at the moment, you can listen to wartime music at home, bake cakes (get utensils from www.TKMaxx.com) or get creative and make your own celebratory bunting with stationery from https://www.ryman.co.uk/all-special-offers/ve-day
Stay productive whilst working from home
Whether you’re a Newbie or Work From Home veteran, to stay productive, it is important to create good working practices to maintain motivation and routine throughout the day. Here are some top tips on how you can get the best out of working from home during these times:
- Get ready for the day
- Get into a routine
- Create a virtual office space that you shut down at the end of the day
- Try and keep to regular hours of a working day to keep a work life balance
- Take regular breaks
- Exercise in-line with Government advice can help to break up the day and get some vital vitamin D
- Take your lunch break away from your workspace
- Talk on the phone or use video conferences – in order to maintain communication throughout the day
Activities to keep you occupied through lockdown
Most of us will no doubt need a break from electronic devices during this period and we know everyone is struggling to stay entertained lately. You may have already dug deep into the cupboards and started to rediscover board games and puzzles. Or you be enjoying cooking, baking, gardening or painting.
Going for a walk in-line with Government advice can help to break up the day to get some vital vitamin D and exercise.
Why not download some Free Activity Sheets and Colouring Pages courtesy of Ryman Stationery that your kids will love. There are plenty to choose from including dot to dots, word searches, colouring and more! https://www.ryman.co.uk/blog/free-downloads-activity-sheets-and-colouring-pages-for-kids
Puzzles have become incredibly popular during lockdown. All Elton John fans out there should head over to Vinyl Collectors and Sellers online for officially licensed record cover jigsaws. Worldwide shipping available too! https://vinylcollectorsandsellers.wordpress.com/buy-online/
Show your support to keyworkers every Thursday
Don’t forget to clap at 8pm every Thursday to show appreciation for our amazing NHS, key workers and carers.
Stay Home, Stay Safe
We can’t wait to be able to reopen Cross Keys Shopping Centre, when we are allowed to do so. Until that time, stay safe and stay home, and shop online – we’re looking forward to being back together soon.